This quick and easy meal is a date night success for anybody who isn't very experienced at cooking but still wants to impress their loved one. I know salmon may be a tad expensive considering the budget for most college students, but the salmon provides various vitamins and is packed with protein. This main course also contains only 6 ingredients and takes less than 20 minutes to prep and make.
Alongside the salmon, you could serve rice and steamed broccoli to add sides and additional health benefits. The salmon itself holds 30 grams of protein and only has 339 calories per serving.
* 1/4 c. brown sugar
* 2 T dijon mustard
* 2 t. dried dill
* 4- 6 oz. salmon fillets
* 1/2 t. salt
* 1/2 t. pepper
1) Spray the rack of a broiler pan with nonstick spray
2) Preheat the broiler
3) Whisk together the brown sugar, mustard, and dill in a small bowl
4) Sprinkle both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper
5) Place the salmon on the broiler rack and spoon the brown sugar glaze on top
6) Position 7 inches from the heat and broil until lightly browned and just opaque in the center, about 6 minutes